Vital Records
Birth, Death, Marriages


Schools of Yesteryear


Auraria School # 14

Cane Creek, 1906-1907. No. 15 Haygood School. Named in honor of Bishop A. G. Haygood of the North Georgia Methodist Conference. The land was donated by Martin L. Jones. 

Cavender's Creek 1921, Secondary School and Church
Garland School 1915-1917 near Mount Giliad Baptist Church on Highway 52
Grace School
Heygood School Cane Creek district of county 1914 or 1915.
The teacher holding baby the baby was Ila Stargel. The older man, Henry Duckett bought clock from old mint for $3.00.
Lydia School 1919
Lydia School 2009
Mount Giliad 1903, six miles east of Dahlonega on Highway 52
Campus of North Georgia Agricultural College (now North Georgia College)1900. Building at right is Price Memorial Hall
July 3, 1878. First graduating class of North Georgia Agricultural College. Pictured is Miss Willie Lewis, the first female graduate of a Georgia state-supported coeducational college.
Nimblewill School Early 1900s in the northwest part of the county
1899 Public School House
1950s, Wahoo School, ten miles east of Dahlonega. Pupils from White, Hall, and Lumpkin counties attended.


Mail To:
Lumpkin County Genealogy
PO Box 683
Dahlonega, GA 30533